Homecoming: Why NRIs almost always Invest in Indian Real Estate
If we had to sum up the real estate climate of India in one word, it would be, ‘Dynamic’. The property market of India is estimated to be valued at $180 billion by the year 2020. Several parameters affect the landscape and graph of Indian real estate, namely:
- The rate of economic growth
- Consumption patterns of consumers
- Government policies
Below are some of the prevailing trends in Indian Real Estate currently:
Indian Real Estate in 2019: An Overview
- Emphasis on affordable and mid-segment category
- Unsold inventory on the decline
- Affordable housing and alternate assets such as co-living, student housing as a big fad among the younger audience. The concept of affordable housing has been picking up quickly, in tier ii and tier iii Cities
- A lowered GST rate (from 5% to 1%) has been a move to instil buyer confidence
- Digitized processes help people transact from around the world, in a more simplified manner
With a positive outlook, backed by healthy demand and quality supply across sectors, India’s real estate looks to grow stronger from 2019 into 2020. The above points paint a picture of optimism and confidence for anyone planning on investing in a home, especially if you’re an NRI.
Real Estate: An NRI’s favourite type of investment
Even though non-resident Indians have often struggled with Indian Real Estate, it still remains a favourite investment option for them. Many NRIs return at some point, ensuring that their home is a sound investment for the future. They also invest with a view of getting regular rentals in the future.
NRI’s primarily invest in real estate for the following:
- An investment that yields returns
- Settling down for retirement
- Securing one’s family’s future
- Returning to one’s own country out of sentiment
- Building financial assets
Of late, there has been a surge in the number of non-resident Indians investing in India, due to the following factors:
- The fall in the value of rupee against the US dollar, which has motivated NRIs to make investments.
- With a regulatory authority like Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) coming into effect, there is more accountability, transparency and efficiency being disclosed to buyers, in terms of projects under construction. In the long run, such regulations will ensure on-time project completion and quality construction that’s at par with international standards. As a result, NRIs feel their future, as an investor in the Indian real estate space, is confident and promising.
- There are more investment-friendly measures and schemes
- Today, Real Estate developers are building NRI centric residential projects. They are providing prospective buyers with premium luxury options, complete with the best of world-class amenities and facilities that are at par with international standards. The non-resident buyer won’t even feel like they’ve left or traded away their quality of life or lifestyle.
- Young non-resident Indians are more inclined to purchase property in India as a long-term asset for long-term returns.
Planning to Invest in Indian Residential Real Estate?
Here’s what you should know!
Even though the climate around Indian residential real estate investment seems to be more relaxed and favourable for NRIs, there are still somethings they must keep in mind:
- Mode of payment for NRIs
- Appointing a Power of Attorney (POA)
- Planning for filing IT returns in India
- Doing a thorough check on all offers by the CREDAI
- To have a middleman or not?
- Understanding the equation between EMIs and foreign exchange regulations (FEMA) and most importantly
- Choosing a reputed builder
Invest in the fastest growing city in Asia, Bengaluru.
When it comes to investing in a home, be it for settling down or an added source of income through rentals, the city of Bengaluru is on the top of everyone’s mind. Pleasant weather, a thriving IT sector, a kaleidoscope of cultures and entertaining options around the city, Bengaluru boasts of ever-growing residential and commercial real estate. Each corner of the city is characterized by its unique charm, in turn, adding to its real estate value.
As we mentioned earlier, one of the most important things to keep in mind while investing in real estate is the reputation of the builder. With that in mind, The Sattva Group is sound choice in South India. Founded in 1993, the group is one of India’s leading property development, management and consulting organizations and have successfully made their mark in terms of premium and affordable residential projects, colossal commercial spaces, IT parks, shopping malls and more. If you’re looking to invest in a home in Bengaluru, then you can’t go wrong with a Sattva home.
Homes in North Bengaluru
Investing in a home in North Bengaluru is a very wise investment decision. The region of North Bengaluru is booming in terms of various forms of commercial, residential and social infrastructure and is the burgeoning next real estate investment hub. This region enjoys very good connectivity with the rest of the city through the Hebbal flyover; the expressway that connects the city with the International Airport. Furthermore, its Outer Ring Road diversion, leads to other growth hubs such as Hennur, KR Puram and Whitefield. The area enjoys close proximity to IT parks such as Manyata Tech Park, Kirloskar Business park etc. There is a well-equipped bus shuttle service and the proposed Phase 2 of Namma Metro which will seamlessly connect the airport to Silk Board and central Bangalore, having Devanahalli and Hebbal as a stop. With the sudden sprout of large IT Tech parks such as Aerospace SEZ, KIADB industrial area and others, there will be a lot of opportunity for people to invest in properties that would easily fetch returns owing to demand for housing and steady rentals.
Sattva offers two exquisite upcoming projects in North Bengaluru. The first is Sattva Park Cubix, that is ideally located in Devanahalli Town, just 10 minutes away from the International airport and 20 minutes from Nandi hills. The upcoming project spans 18 acres and is complemented by abundant greenery, world-class amenities include 2 grand clubhouses, a shopping mall with multi-screen cineplex and more. Park Cubix will be ready June 2021. Moreover, this residential project will offer ‘fully-furnished’ homes. So, whether you’re ready to move in and occupy your home or planning to rent it out, you are assured immediate returns; be it a financial decision or an emotional one.
The next upcoming project is an exquisite set of boutique Apartments on Bagalur Main Road, near the International airport called Sattva Exotic. This project is designed by world-renowned architect, Hadi Teherani. With attention to detailing, there has been no expense spared while crafting this project. Exotic offers 2-3 BHK boutique apartments along with best-in-class amenities such as an Indoor Golf Simulator, Sensory Gardens, Gym etc.
Owing to the various commercial and social infrastructure mushrooming in the North Bengaluru region, both these upcoming projects would be an ideal investment as it may fetch regular rentals owing to the demand.
If you’re looking to settle down somewhere close to the heart of the city, but without compromising on your elevated lifestyle, then Sattva Magnificia ticks almost all your checkboxes. Sattva Magnificia is the ready-to-move-in project located on Old Madras Road, just 5 minutes from one of the most happening parts of Bengaluru, Indiranagar. Magnificia offers ultra-premium 3 BHK Apartments and 4 BHK Duplexes & Penthouses. With home automation, high-security, advanced technology, rainwater harvesting for each home, this exquisite luxury project offers truly ultra-modern features for the modern urban landscape, and a befitting lifestyle for you.
Think settling down, think investment, think rentals. Think Sattva
Sattva Group – Trust. It’s what we build.